Bamboo Surfaces a trading name of Malmesbury Woodworking Company Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions click here and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bamboo Surfaces a trading name of Malmesbury Woodworking Company Limited of Elliot road, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1YG.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.mosobamboosurfaces-shop.co.uk and www.mosobamboosurfaces.co.uk (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Bamboo Surfaces a trading name of Malmesbury Woodworking Company and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to
improve our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside
the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the
EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other
things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of
support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or
processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions
will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have
chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are
responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security
of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have
received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and
for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which
we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you
with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they
may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS)
with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a
previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or
they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for
marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may
provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them
that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may
also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want
to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have
collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their
advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our
subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of
the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose
your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Bamboo Surfaces a trading name of Malmesbury Woodworking Company Limited or
substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data
held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any
legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions click here and
other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bamboo Surfaces a
Trading name of Malmesbury Woodworking Company Limited, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the
purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We
will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such
purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You
can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we
use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note
that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any
responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any
personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be
exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to
meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
addressed to email@example.com.